"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Welcome to the Judaism community on Codidact!

Will you help us build our community of learners? Drop into our study hall, ask questions, help others with answers to their questions, share a d'var torah if you're so inclined, invite your friends, and join us in building this community together. Not an ask-the-rabbi service, just people at all levels learning together.

Comments on Sefaria linking is now installed

Parent

Sefaria linking is now installed

+11
−0

This is a test to see if the Sefaria linking works. @ArtOfCode says just make things that look like references. So I suppose Genesis 1:1 should give me the first Pasuk of the Torah. Let's see...

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (8 comments)
−0

A previous draft here had an experiment. After digging through the code for the Linker I can confidently say that a complete answer to the question of "what can I link to" is "anything on Sefaria," but you have to be careful how you write it out. Here is the actual code for the Linker; if you scroll down or search the document for "var bookTitles" you'll see a full list of every variation on the text name that you can use. Or if you're not insane like me you can look at the documentation on GitHub.

Of course, our ever-helpful overlords here have implemented a "suggest reference" button. With that, all you have to do is select some text in your post, click the button, and it'll look for similarly-worded sources which you might've meant.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (6 comments)
General comments
manassehkatz‭ wrote almost 4 years ago · edited almost 4 years ago

Mishneh Torah, Foreign Worship and Customs of the Nations 3:5 as a test. It works but requires the full title string.

manassehkatz‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

As far as the edit preview, I think that would be a bit of a problem. I took a quick look at the Sefaria API docs earlier, and I am pretty sure there is a way we can force a fresh analysis of the page, which should work with the Preview. However, doing that on every character would be a bit impractical. Two options: 1 - Only do this if there is a monitored delay (e.g., no typing for 10 seconds), 2 - Add a button to trigger it.

DonielF‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

@manasseh Ah, so it was the comma messing me up with the Rambam. I hear the difficulty with implementing the preview; maybe something to put on the back burner for a future time then. Does the API support, for example, adding a button to the menu bar to browse texts to cite, or would that also be too complicated to work out?

manassehkatz‭ wrote almost 4 years ago · edited almost 4 years ago

@DonielF Does the API support, for example, adding a button to the menu bar to browse texts to cite, or would that also be too complicated to work out? I haven't looked into enough.

Isaac Moses‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

You can read more about how the Linker works at https://www.sefaria.org/linker and the GitHub project linked there.

Dr. Shmuel‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

Do Talmudic commentaries work?