Welcome to Judaism.Codidact! We're glad you're here. The following information is relevant primarily within this community. If you have a question that applies to the entire Codidact family of communities, you may want to look at our Global FAQ or Global TOS.
What is Judaism.Codidact all about?
This site is for everyone who is interested in Judaism, Jewish texts, and Jewish practice, and for experts and beginners alike. Whether your question is about a fine point of grammar raised in a commentary or practical points of kashrut, it is welcome here.Like Wikipedia, this site makes no guarantee of validity, and does not offer professional (particularly rabbinic) advice. Treat information you find here as if it came from a crowd of your friends.
- Questions that appear to be requests for personal practical advice will be either edited to more general wording or closed.
- For more on why it's important to take personal questions of Jewish practice to your Rabbi, see here.
Who are the moderators?
Why can't I post a question?
You might not have verified your account yet. Make sure you've clicked the link sent to your email when you registered, or re-verify using the "Verify" button on your profile. If you're still having trouble, message one of the administrators or post on Meta.
What are the different categories for?
- Q&A is for questions and answers about Judaism.
- Challenges is for friendly contests.
- Meta is for questions about the site or community itself -- policy, scope, bug reports, feature requests, and so on.
What open-source license are posts on Judaism.Codidact created under?
All posts are created under CC BY-SA 4.0 by default.